CRUISE SEARCHING FOR A GAL
Grazia magazine reports that Tom Cruise, who has been single since his divorce from Katie Holmes last year, is looking for a new girlfriend, but is being very picky. Sources say the 51-year-old only wants to date someone who has been a Scientologist for at least five years, in order to avoid the problems he’s had with his last two exes (Holmes and Nicole Kidman) who weren’t church members. The woman also must be in her thirties, and involved in the entertainment industry. Sources say a dating service has been set up within the Church to find Tom a woman, and one possible candidate has been identified. She is said to be an actress who is friends with Orange is the New Black star Laura Prepon.
THE LATEST LAMAR NEWS
TMZ reports that Lamar Odom’s drug habit was so bad this summer he spent as much as $1,000 a day on crack. The site claims Lamar’s problems escalated after wife Khloe Kardashian kicked him out of the house in May and he moved into the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood with a friend. Insiders say while staying there, Lamar was with his friend, and seven or eight other drug abusers, who were all strangers. Meanwhile, all the Lamar drama is really getting to Khloe. "She's just exhausted,” a source tells Us Weekly. “I don't think anyone knows where he is at this point." The insider says Khloe "cut (Lamar) off" about a week ago, after confronting him about his drugs, as well as reports of other women. "She said get out, go get help," the source says.
COWELL OPENS UP ABOUT BECOMING A DAD
Simon Cowell appears on Ellen this week, where he discusses his feelings about becoming a first-time dad. The X Factor judge, 53, admits he was a bit overwhelmed when he first found out girlfriend Lauren Silverman was expecting a baby. "Oh my God, this is exciting, and this is going to be a bit of a nightmare for the next few weeks," he said of his reaction news. "It was kind of uncomfortable. You know, the situation." Simon, of course, is referring to the fact that Lauren was still married at the time. "But these things happen and everything is kind of calm now and I'm happy," Cowell added. "I'm actually happier than I've ever been." During the interview, he also defended his baby mama, saying, “There was a lot of stuff said about her, that she trapped me and that she's a gold digger. Absolute nonsense. She's a great girl."
GALIFIANAKIS TO BE A DAD
Zach Galifianakis is probably a dad by now. Over the weekend it was reported that The Hangover star had skipped the Toronto Film Festival premiere of his new movie You Are Here to be with his wife-of-one-year Quinn Lundberg, who was in labor. “We literally found out on Friday,” the film’s director Matthew Weiner told E! News. “Zach is going to be the best dad in the world.” So far there has been no confirmation as to whether the couple’s first child arrived, and whether it was a boy or a girl.
MILLER TALKS SEXUAL IDENTITY STRUGGLE
Wentworth Miller, who came out of the closet last month, is opening up about how difficult it was for him to deal with his sexual identity. At the Human Rights Campaign Dinner in Seattle Saturday, the former Prison Break star revealed he attempted suicide multiple times. He said his first attempt was at 15, when he downed a bottle of pills, explaining that he wasn’t crying out for help because “you only cry for help if there is help to cry for.” He also said it was very hard staying in the closet in Hollywood, adding that he wished he could have been a role model to others. Said Wentworth, “to be the someone else, that no one was to me.”
PRINCE ANDREW STOPPED BY COPS AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE
Talk about a case of mistaken identity. Armed police officers in Britain stopped Prince Andrew, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II, at Buckingham Palace Wednesday, believing he may have been an intruder. The incident occurred two days after a man scaled a fence and entered the building before being caught. Cops demanded Prince Andrew identify himself, and later apologized for the mistake. Andrew, for his part, seemed to have a sense of humor about the whole thing, saying in a statement, “I am grateful for their apology and look forward to a safe walk in the garden in the future.”
BRUNO MARS CONFIRMED FOR SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW
The NFL confirmed Sunday that Bruno Mars will be the halftime show at Super Bowl XLVII (47), which will take place February 2nd at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!! #PepsiSBHalftime," the 27-year-old entertainer tweeted after the news broke. "#Hooligans we did it!"
HUNNAM TALKS CHEMISTRY WITH CO-STAR
Fifty Shades of Grey fans may still be upset over the casting of Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson, but Hunnam seems pretty confident they have what it takes to bring the best-selling S&M book to the big screen. Charlie said that after talking to director Sam Taylor-Johnson, he went and read the book and got “a clearer idea of who this character was,” adding, “I felt even more excited at the prospect of bringing him to life." As for his Dakota, Charlie said that when they did their first reading, he knew she was the perfect co-star. Said Charlie, "There's just like a tangible chemistry between us. It felt exciting and fun and weird and compelling."
LIAM & MILEY ENGAGEMENT MAY BE OFF
Miley Cyrus’ twerking at the MTV VMAs last month may have ruined her relationship. Sources tell Us Weekly, Miley’s fiancé Liam Hemsworth found her performance with Robin Thicke “mortifying.” Insiders claim Liam has had enough and the couple is “just weeks away from calling it off permanently.” "He is over her and wants to make a clean break," the source tells Us. "No more back and forth." In other Miley news…Perez Hilton reported over the weekend Miley had lost the cover of the December issue of Vogue because editor Anna Wintour didn’t like the 20-year-old’s twerking at the MTV VMAs, but the story turned out not to be true. Sources tell Gossip Cop, Miley was never scheduled to appear on the cover in the first place.
JACK OSBOURNE’S WIFE LOSES BABY
Jack Osbourne and his wife Lisa Stelly revealed Friday that Lisa suffered a miscarriage. "I have been dreading this announcement . . . I needed some time before being able to say it. Jack and I lost our baby boy last week," Lisa wrote in a post on her blog. "Having a late term miscarriage is by far the hardest thing either of us have ever had to go through. We appreciate all of your prayers and ask for privacy and respect during this time." Lisa and Jack, parents to 16-month-old daughter Pearl, announced in August they were expecting their second child.
CRITICS TRASH NAOMI’S DIANA
The first reviews are in for Naomi Watts’ Princess Diana flick and they are really not good. “I hesitate to use the term ‘car crash drama,’” wrote The Guardian, about Diana, which premiered in London last week. “But the awful truth is that, 16 years after that terrible day in 1997, (Diana) has died another awful death.” The Mirror called the flick, “a cheap and cheerless effort,” and had unbelievably bad things to say about Watts’ performance. Wrote the critic, “Wesley Snipes in a blonde wig would be more convincing.”
NAOMI BAILS IN THE MIDDLE OF INTERVIEW
All those bad reviews could explain Naomi Watts’ odd behavior last week. According to a British radio host, the actress walked out in the middle of an interview for no apparent reason. "A first for me and @wittertainment as Naomi Watts walked out of an interview!" tweeted host Simon Mayo to his 162,000 followers. "She seemed a tad uncomfortable with the questions. Shame." When a fellow journalist asked what may have set Naomi off, Mayo replied, “The honest answer is I have no idea.” When another follower questioned whether he suggested the “film might not be in the best possible taste” Mayo replied, “No not at all. Didn’t express any opinion at all. Still baffled.”
BRAND BOOTED AFTER HUGO BOSS NAZI JOKE
Comedian Russell Brand sure likes to make waves. Katy Perry’s ex-hubby was kicked out of a GQ Men of the Year event in London last week for making jokes about designer Hugo Boss’ ties to the Nazi party. “If anyone knows a bit about history and fashion, you know it was Hugo Boss who made uniforms for the Nazis,” Brand told the crowd. “But they looked f***ing fantastic, let’s face it, while they were killing people on the basis of their religion and sexuality.” [Hugo Boss did indeed produce some shirts for the National Socialist Party, which later became known as the Nazis.] Considering the company was a sponsor of the event, GQ editor Dylan Jones wasn’t happy and kicked Brand out, telling the comedian (according to Brand’s Twitter feed), “What you did was very offensive to Hugo Boss,” to which Brand replied, “What Hugo Boss did was very offensive to the Jews.”
SIMON WON’T LEAVE FORTUNE TO HIS SON
Simon Cowell may have a $300 million fortune, but that doesn’t mean his future son has it made. "I'm going to leave my money to somebody. A charity, probably -- kids and dogs," he told Esquire UK. (It is unclear whether the interview was conducted before news of his baby-to-be-broke.) "I don't believe in passing on from one generation to another." He adds, “Your legacy has to be that hopefully you gave enough people an opportunity, so that they could do well, and you gave them your time, taught them what you know."
REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA STARS BRAWL
Two Real Housewives of Atlanta background players got into a brawl Thursday night, according to TMZ. Brandon DeShazer, the assistant of Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Kenya Moore, was roughed up by Phaedra Parks’ husband Apollo Nida because of a workout video. Sources say Apollo “violently attacked” Brandon because he and Kenya had agreed to produce a video starring Phaedra and instead produced it on their own without her. Apollo claims he was just trying to break up a fight and got attacked by Brandon. Housewives fans will be able to decide for themselves, since the whole thing was filmed for the Bravo show’s upcoming season.
HOWARD ACCUSED OF BEATING EX
Another woman has come forward to accuse actor Terrence Howard of abuse. May Seng Yang, who claims to have dated the Hustle & Flow star off and on for nearly 12 years, tells Radaronline she was beaten by Howard during a May 2012 altercation at his Pennsylvania home. Yang claims Howard, who is also accused of beating his ex-wife Michelle Ghent, choked her, threw her to the ground and punched her in the left eye, and she has pictures she claims prove it. But at the time of the incident, Howard claimed Yang actually attacked him. He told police she was a former girlfriend who would not stop calling him after he broke off their relationship. Yang was charged with assault, trespassing, harassment and disorderly conduct.
THE BEST REVIEWED MOVIE OF THE YEAR
Proving that the public and the folks who choose the Oscars are very different, Rotten Tomatoes has released the list of the best reviewed movies of the year so far, and the number one flick may surprise you. Sound City, the directorial debut of Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl, tops the list, with a 100% review from 34 people. Coming in at number two is the Saudi Arabian film Wadjda which also got a 100% review but from only 20 people. Rounding out the Top Five are: the backup singer documentary 20 Feet From Stardom, the Ethan Hawke/Julie Delpy indie Before Midnight and Matthew McConaughey’s Mud.
PIPER PERABO ENGAGED
Covert Affairs star Piper Perabo is engaged to boyfriend Stephen Kay, a director on Perabo’s USA Network show. "They're very happy," a source tells People.
STRUTHERS TAKES A PLEA
All in the Family’s Sally Struthers has settled her DUI case. The 66-year-old actress was arrested last September in Maine and charged with operating a vehicle under the influence. She originally planned to fight the charge, with a court date set for September 23rd, but has now reached a plea deal. Prosecutors dropped the drunk driving charge in exchange for Struthers pleading guilty to the lesser charge of driving to endanger. She was fined $1,210 and her driver’s license was suspended for a month.
GOOD WIFE STAR WEDS
The Good Wife’s Josh Charles married longtime girlfriend Sophie Flack on Friday. The couple said their “I Dos” in an intimate ceremony at a private residence in Manhattan, followed by a dinner at the Italian restaurant Il Cantinori.
PATRICK STEWART WEDS
X-Men’s Patrick Stewart is a married man. The 73-year-old announced on Twitter Sunday that he married girlfriend Sunny Ozell. “Yes, married,” he posted along with a picture of he and Sunny submerged in a colorful ball pit. Earlier this year it was revealed that Stewart’s X-Men co-star Ian McKellan was set to officiate the ceremony.