NBC CONFIRMS THAT FALLON’S REPLACING LENO
NBC has finally made it official – Jimmy Fallon will replace Jay Leno as host of The Tonight Show. Leno’s 22-year run will end in spring, 2014, at which point Fallon will take over, with the Tonight Show moving to New York. Fallon’s 11:35 pm show will be executive produced by Saturday Night Live’s Lorne Michaels. Said Fallon of his new gig, "I’m really excited to host a show that starts today instead of tomorrow.” “Congratulations Jimmy," said Leno. "I hope you're as lucky as me and hold on to the job until you're the old guy. If you need me, I'll be at the garage.” Rumors claim SNL’s Seth Meyers is the frontrunner to take over Fallon’s 12:35 am gig on Late Night.
KIMMEL & LETTERMAN COMMENT ON TONIGHT SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT
Meanwhile Jay’s current, and Jimmy’s future, competitors had a little fun at the pair’s expense. Kimmel was supportive of the new Jimmy at 11:35, tweeting, “congratulations to my dear, sweet @jimmyfallon – a formidable rival and an incredible lover.” Over at CBS, Letterman took the announcement as an opportunity to bash his former network NBC. “I got a call from my mom today, she says, ‘Well, David, I see you didn’t get the Tonight Show again,’ ” the Late Show host said in his monologue. “NBC, God bless ‘em, announced the official date for Jay Leno’s departure — no mention of his official date of return, however.” (This, of course is a dig at Conan O’Brien’s firing, and Jay’s re-hiring.) Letterman also did a Leno-themed Top Ten list.
KIM REQUEST TO MOVE UP DIVORCE TRIAL DENIED
Kim Kardashian has lost at least one round in court. TMZ reports that Kim’s divorce lawyer requested the date of her divorce trial be moved from May 6th to May 3rd because she has a previously scheduled event in New York City. The site claims it’s the launch of her new fragrance. But Kris Humphries’ camp said the date didn’t work for him, and the judge ultimately turned down Kim’s request. TMZ reports that lawyers for Kim and Kris are expected to meet next week to make one last ditch attempt at settlement.
EBERT BATTLING CANCER AGAIN
Famed movie critic Roger Ebert has revealed he has been diagnosed with cancer again. Ebert says the cancer was discovered after he suffered a “painful fracture” that made it difficult to walk. The 70-year-old, who lost his ability to speak and eat after battling cancer in his thyroid and salivary glands, says he’ll scale back his reviewing and writing while undergoing radiation treatment. He’s calling it a “leave of presence.” "I am not going away," he wrote on his site. "My intent is to continue to write selected reviews but to leave the rest to a talented team of writers. ... What's more, I'll be able at last to do what I've always fantasized about doing: reviewing only the movies I want to review."
GLEE’S HEATHER MORRIS PREGNANT
Glee star Heather Morris has a bun in the oven. A source tells Us Weekly that the 26-year-old, who plays Brittany on the Fox hit, is pregnant with her first child. “She’s a little more than three months along and starting to show,” said a source. The baby’s dad is Heather’s longtime boyfriend Taylor Hubbell. “It was totally unexpected but they are incredibly happy and excited,” said the insider. So far there has been no confirmation from Morris.
JOLIE & GAGA ARE NEWEST HACKING VICTIMS
Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga are the latest big names to become hacking victims. TMZ reports that the two superstars, along with Scarlett Johansson, Robert DeNiro and Anderson Cooper, recently had personal and credit information posted online by the same hackers who last month posted info on celebs such as Kim Kardashian, First Lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Beyonce. The group’s original site went offline not long after the FBI launched an investigation, but now they’re posting the info at a different web address.
SELENA BLAMED FOR BIEBER’S BEHAVIOR
Sources close to Justin Bieber claim Selena Gomez is to blame for his recent bad behavior. Insiders say Justin is “torn apart” by his split from Selena, and what’s worse, he feels “tortured” because the Spring Breakers star keeps calling him and is sending him mixed signals. In fact, just last week Justin was seen at Selena’s home, although there are no reports of them reconciling. Meanwhile, The Sun claims Justin has abandoned his pet monkey Mally, which was seized by German customs agents last week. The capuchin monkey was taken away because Justin didn’t have the proper paperwork, and sources say Justin has continued his world tour without calling animal welfare about his pet. Mally is expected to stay at the Munich shelter until Justin gets a health certificate confirming the animal is free of disease.
PRODUCERS PAYING FOR BUCKWILD STAR’S FUNERAL
Two production companies behind the MTV series Buckwild have offered to pay for the funeral service for 21-year-old Shain Gandee, who died earlier this week of carbon monoxide poisoning. "Shain was a great kid with a big heart who had endless love for his mom and dad,” said Parallel Entertainment CEO J.P. Williams, who produces Buckwild with Zoo Productions. "I am from West Virginia and this show reminded me of how I grew up." A public service for Shain will take place on Sunday. Money raised from previously set up donation websites will now go towards expenses incurred by Shain’s family during the recovery effort. The money will also help pay for the funerals for the other two men who died. Yesterday, TMZ got a hold of the 911 call made by the person who found Shain, his uncle and another man dead in Shain’s truck. At one point the sobbing caller screams, "Oh Jesus, they're dead. Oh my God."
HUDSON TALKS BELLAMY ROMANCE
Kate Hudson tells Elle UK that her relationship with fiancé Matthew Bellamy (frontman of the band Muse) started off very traditional. “It was all very old-fashioned and proper and we went on lovely dates, but two months later I was pregnant,” she says. “Well, yes I was shocked, but I also thought, ‘this is going to be interesting.’” Kate said she was understandably worried that the baby could cause problems between them. “I knew it would take a strong man to deal with it,” she said. “You know that with a relationship things can go either way when you have a child.” She adds, “When you get pregnant, everything changes: you, your body. Everything becomes a big decision, but he was there and that was that. Now it’s three wonderful years later. Things happen for a reason.” Kate insists they will eventually get married, but right now they haven’t made any plans. “Ryder (her son with Black Crowes frontman Chris Robinson) wants a party,” she says. “For me it’s not the legal part that is important, it’s what it means to the family.”
CONTRACTOR TAKES OUT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST STALLONE
Sounds like Sylvester Stallone is not just a tough guy on screen. A contractor named Mohamed Hadid took out a temporary restraining order against Sly, claiming the Rocky star threatened to blow his head off. TMZ reports that Hadid, who is being sued by Stallone for $1.4 million, claims the actor told him “I’m going to kill you mother f****r” and once demanded he, “get these dirty Mexicans out of here or I will blow your head off.” Sly’s lawyer calls Hadid’s restraining order “a desperate attempt by a man who wants to be a media star, which is why he’s a guest on Shahs of Sunset.” Sly has previously called the contractor an “unscrupulous, unlicensed predator.”
MELISSA JOAN HART IS NUTRISYSTEM’S NEW SPOKESPERSON
Melissa Joan Hart has signed on to be the new spokesperson for Nutrisystem. The actress, who gave birth to her third son, Tucker, in September, credits the weight loss plan with helping her lose 20 pounds of baby weight. Said Hart, “The Program is really delivering results for me and I look forward to long term success, staying motivated and helping others do the same.”
THE LATEST JENELLE SAGA
Teen Mom 2’s Jenelle Evans was rushed to a North Carolina hospital Tuesday after she began bleeding. The 21-year-old has cysts on her ovaries that have a history of rupturing. Meanwhile, Jenelle and hubby Courtland Rogers have reportedly reconciled again, and she has even dropped battery charges against him. Unfortunately for the couple, prosecutors aren’t letting Courtland off that easy. They reportedly plan to either force Jenelle to stick with the charges or have her admit she filed a false report, which is a crime. The couple is due back in court April 8th.