The clock is ticking. You're broke or almost broke. You forgot to shop for a Valentines treat for your darling wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend.
Don't freak out and throw money at the problem. Get creative!
Here's a few sweet and endearing ideas that won't cost you an arm and a leg, but the THOUGHT you put into them will surely have your loved one's eyes gleaming.
- Print off a book of coupons! CLICK HERE for a free printable. Or make your own - coupons for a foot massage, a hug, washing your car, cooking dinner...
- Write a poem. Yes, it may sound daunting, but even if it's cheesy, who can say that isn't romantic? BONUS POINTS: Get a couple inexpensive candles to light and read it aloud to your loved one!
- Bake! Instead of storebought candy, pick up a cake mix, frosting and some heart or red sprinkles and present your darling with a cake just for them! Or buy chocolate in the baking aisle and make your own dipped strawberries!
- Breakfast in bed! A time-honored classic way to make them feel special.
- Cook dinner too!
- A dozen roses can be pricey, but a couple red roses from the grocery store will yield a LOT of petals. Let your lover wake up to a path of rose petals or draw them a bath and float the petals on top. Hit the dollar store for some cheap white pillar candles.
- Leave treats that you know your sweetheart likes around the house or office with little notes or bows attached. How cute is this?
- Still want to go with trusty old flowers? CLICK HERE for FTD coupons!